About Me

My photo
My name is Ashley and I am 20 years old.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Love and Friendship.

Todays entry is on Love and Friendship.

Friend–noun
 
1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.

"There is no greater Friend or Love than laying down your life for your friends."

What is a friend? Is a friend someone who will do anything for you? Is a friend someone who listen to anything and everything you say? Is a friend someone who has your back through think and thin?? Or even all of the above?

The definition of a friend can not be defined by a dictonary, because the answers vary depending on the person.

All throughout work, I asked customers what they thought a friend was. They all came up with something different. Heres some of the answers:

*Someone who cares for you
*Connects with you
*Scratched your back when you scratch theirs
*Shares feeling with you (no homo)
*Someone who helps you

So really, a friend can be anything you want it to be.

I think a friend is someone who is there for you no matter what. Someone who can make you laugh in the worst of times. Someone who wants to fuck your ex up for breaking up with you, and not even care about the trouble and danger ahead.

Now Love.

Love-noun
1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
 
Love is a complete and different story.
 
Love is undefinable. There are so many different forms of Love. Love is... is... I can't even explain it...
 
I LOVE the smell of freshly mown grass and the smell after it rains on a hot summer day. I LOVE my family and friends...

To be quite honest, everyone has their own definition of love, and I am a fool to think I can define something that has many definitons based on each and every person.

Love can be shown in many forms though. From just a small gift to a HUGE thought put into action. From a first date to bending down on one knee to propose.
---------------------------------
I hope everyone liked tonights post. I know there could have been more put, but I wanted to post before midnight my time. :) Have a good night everyone!
I encourage everyone to comment on this post. I had a hard time thinking of things to put because of the topic of "Love".

<3 Ashley

*props to Carolyn Setina, Lydia Rose Parks, Elizabeth "Dillon" Christjansen, and everyone else who picked this topic!!!!!!!*

3 comments:

  1. I'm sitting here eating some potato salad, and thinking about the meaning of love. And here's my thought: there is no definition of love. It just is. The way you feel when your child looks at you and smiles for no reason, that's love. The way you feel when you se a beautiful butterfly fly near to you. That's love. The way you feel when you see the end of the rainbow, and realize that even though there's not pot of gold, it's still one of the most beautiful things you've ever seen. That's love. Love is so many things as to be indefinable. It is different for each person, and each situation, and it is different for so many reasons! True love, I think, comes only with acceptance of oneself and the ability to take pleasure in the little things that bring you happiness. Happiness and love are closely tied. And so many people have the preconceived notion that happiness is one big all consuming feeling. But it's not. Happiness is a good bowl of french onion soup with your mom and daughter. it's the feeling of accomplishment when you finish that workout or get the dishes done. Happiness, like love, is so many things, and, like love, is undefinable. I think that's why the two go hand-in-hand.

    Ok, I'm done babbling now, that's just my take on it <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy... French onion soup!!! <3 and thanks for your thoughts!!! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the best little French Restaurant here in Colorado Springs. It's called La Baguette, and my mom's best friend's husband bakes all the bread, so we get discounts :) And you're welcome! I hope they were able to give someone some insight!

    ReplyDelete